Saturday, July 22, 2006

The horse in this oil painting now has four legs, a mane and a tail. He's ready to rock and roll! I've been adding shadows, for hints of the muscles that move when a horse is in this bucking position. I love the way his mane is flying staight up. I'm still painting with dioxadine purple and turpentine. You can see from the smears, I have to erase things sometimes. It's not hard with the sock. When one sock wears out or gets to full of paint, I throw it out and grab another. I seem to have lots of them.

You have to be careful where you put these old socks loaded with turpentine and oil paint. They could catch fire by combustion so easily. I don't let them pile up anywhere.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...