Saturday, July 29, 2006

Colored Pencil painting of a Leopard Appaloosa on suede board.
Talk about a struggle. It wasn't the horse, it wasn't the spots, it wasn't the light....it was the colored pencil! AAAGGGGHHH!

I don't think I'm a cp artist although I know so many people who love them. So what is wrong with me?

I think it's because I'm a slap and go painter. If I make a mistake, I like to be able to cover it up. With this stuff, you make a mistake and it's there forever for everyone to see. No paint layers to hide it....

This horse was maybe 14 hands and cuter than the dickens. I suppose he's a much loved child's pony. I could have put him in my pocket and taken him home with me. We were driving a couple miles west of Great Falls with our grandchildren when I yelled, "Stop! Let's take pictures of that horse!" He was way out in the pasture.

By the time we got stopped, he was at the fence, begging to be petted so it was hard to get good pictures of him looking natural. The kids loved him. And he loved the kids....
donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...