Monday, July 31, 2006


Horse art painting of mare with foal.
"Baby Face"
Using a limited palette of three colors is giving me more freedom to paint as I've always wanted to paint than I can possibly imagine. If I'd known this was the secret to wanting to paint like I've always dreamed of painting, I would have tried this long ago!

I'm using French Ultramarine Blue, Vermillion and Yellow Ochre. Plus white. I guess I can throw out the rest of my paints because I don't feel like I want them any more.

And the results I'm getting are stupendous to me. I feel like a real artist for the first time in all my years of painting! Isn't that crazy?

They always say KISS Keep it simple stupid. Well, I should have listened to that advice sooner! I can't wait to try this out on a very large painting!
donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...