Monday, May 04, 2009

Donkicorn meets Elfin King.

Owning a donkey is a very special thing, and it's also an educational thing. Owning a donkey teaches you to think patiently! Our Pedro teaches us something every day we own him. He's quite ornery and quite delightful, all at the same time. :)

While I'm waiting for Pedro to come to me, to get a pellet, or hoping he'll allow me to pet him, my mind gets to going a million miles an hour, with all the what ifs....here's one of my what if's...what if Pedro was a unicorn donkey and he was in the moonlight, and the elfin king came along. What if the unicorn horn on the donkey touched the crown of the elfin king? I think sparks would fly and it would light up the night!

Even though this would be such an exciting sight for me to see, the donkicorn would remain calm and humble, patient and kindly. And the elfin king would be humbled and honored to have such an event happen to him!

Stick around, these two might get together again someday! In the meantime, you'll find them in my etsy store by tomorrow.
Donna Ridgway

Tweet Me a Ridgway Studio Update!

9 comments:

  1. Hey, I think you could write fantasy stories! You certainly could do the illustrating, very well, I might add!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one. I do have to ask though: do you often see elfins, fairies and other such beings? ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I too have a donkey, Pokey, and he is an ornery little guy too. Since he is still a baby, year and a half he gets into a lot of things but is such a good companion to Gilly. Love the story can't wait to hear more about the Donkicorn! Love the picture!!!
    ~Jane and Gilly~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little people are everywhere in the forest! :) Hey, Jane, I follow your blog, I love Pokey and Gilley! I tell Pedro about their adventures, and Robert likes to see Pokey too, he loves donkeys...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Donna! The two I have are characters, donkeys are fun, Pokey is my first one, I love him!
    ~Jane and Gilly~

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's always magic around your critters, Donna! Anyway, wanted to thank you again for being a guest blogger for me in April! Pedro still needs to do his thing! I'm sharing my blog award with you as a token of my appreciation - as seen in today's post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice work Donna. I grew up with a neighbor who was alergic to horses and had a burro. What an experience that was. We learned a lot from that animal.
    God bless and keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Gary, and Linda too. I've got to get my blog award on here!

    Gary, our Pedro has certainly been something to get used to, a lot of laughs along the way. Some frustration, like we've been through three or four farriers, they won't come back....

    ReplyDelete
  9. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

    farmmachinery used

    ReplyDelete

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...