Monday, December 19, 2005

This is how logs come off the trucks in the mill. The machine that picks the logs off, is called (and I don't suppose I know how to spell this) but it's pronounced La turn il. It's a French word , the name of the guy who invented the machine. On some loads, it can pick the entire load off at once. I got to ride in this machine while it was taking logs off our truck. You climbed up the side of the machine on a ladder to get into the cab. I didn't know the operator but Robert told me if I climbed up the side of the machine, the guy would be glad to let me ride with him. Robert was right! We had a good visit while I rode with him around the log yard. donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...