Sunday, December 18, 2005


My son gave me a lifesized cardboard cut out of John Wayne. This cut out of John Wayne has a smoking gun in his hand and he looks tough! I keep John Wayne by our bed. It's bad enough he's stuck in the bedroom instead of out fighting outlaws, but he also suffers the indignity of standing behind a rocking chair in which sits a calico rabbit with long floppy ears. Next to John Wayne is my baby picture. You'd think this is enough tribulation for him to put up with.

But no. Now there's more to the story. Robert was doing laundry today while I was painting in the studio. He waited a long time for me to come into the bedroom for some reason, but when I didn't, he finally said, "Why don't you go look at John Wayne?"

So I did, and this is what I saw....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...