Translate

Saturday, December 03, 2005

I spent this morning lost in a study of Andrew Wyeth. I can get lost in the works of Edward Hopper, and Andrew Wyeth is another artist who's work I could study forever. Of all the "famous" artists, those are the two who's work I love. They both have these similarities, upon first glance, their work seems almost to simple and clean to be considered as serious art. That's exactly what I like about their work. To me, they're pure feelings and emotion. They seem to shine from the canvas, drawing you in with a mysterious "something". I also like their subject matter, they chose to see the design and the wonder in simple uncomplicated subjects.

So, I didn't do much artwork this morning, but I was learning. That will help me to make better art when I do paint again.
donna