Saturday, December 03, 2005

I spent this morning lost in a study of Andrew Wyeth. I can get lost in the works of Edward Hopper, and Andrew Wyeth is another artist who's work I could study forever. Of all the "famous" artists, those are the two who's work I love. They both have these similarities, upon first glance, their work seems almost to simple and clean to be considered as serious art. That's exactly what I like about their work. To me, they're pure feelings and emotion. They seem to shine from the canvas, drawing you in with a mysterious "something". I also like their subject matter, they chose to see the design and the wonder in simple uncomplicated subjects.

So, I didn't do much artwork this morning, but I was learning. That will help me to make better art when I do paint again.
donna

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:40 AM

    I also heart Andrew Wyeth's work. The Frye Art Museum has a bunch in their vault and they bring them out and put them on display every once in a while. Great stuff.

    I enjoyed your work. I'm subscribing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so love to see some of these paintings in person! My son went to Europe and saw some of the great paintings. He described them to me and made me long to see some of them.... He said they're nothing like you see in magazines or on the web, they're so much better in person. Donna

    ReplyDelete

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...