Monday, December 05, 2005

Here's Marmalade. I needed my painting fix for the day. I started this, thinking it would be our cat Scarlet, but when it was done, it had a name of it's own. Sometimes a painting takes over and does what it wants to do. When you have the good sense to let that happen, you come up with something you like.

Even though I just finished this, and the paint is entirely wet, I look at it and don't remember painting it. It's such a funny feeling. I think this happens because when an artist is painting, they're so caught up in what they're doing, so wrapped up in color, line, value and form, they barely know they're putting all that down on the paper. It's a delicious treat for your subconcious mind, like taking a vacation! Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...