Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Spike, a buck deer, ACEO card. Ridgway.

"Spike"
This little buck deer has a story behind him. Robert and I stopped one day to photograph a herd of deer. All the deer herd except one, woke up and stood up to run. One doe was sleeping so hard in the warm sunshine, she didn't wake up as we watched them and I photographed them all. This little buck, went to the sleeping doe and reached out to touch her on the cheek with his nose. She was sleeping so soundly she still didn't wake up!

He then reached out and nudged her with one front hoof. It was the most amazing sight and I have the sequence of photos on my computer. When this buck nudged the doe with his hoof, she woke up, she had such a sleepy look on her face. She realized there was danger and she jumped to her feet and she and the buck joined the rest of the herd. This painting is of the buck as he ran off.

I'm in the position of needing inventory for a show, so I'm not posting much on ebay at the moment. In fact, the Christmas cow sold last night and I was especially thinking she'd be nice for two upcoming shows. I sure can't complain when I sell something though! So if you see something you like, don't hesitate to let me know.

You can sign up to receive this blog in your email each day by scrolling to the bottom of this page and signing up at the box there.

Thanks for stopping by!
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...