Monday, January 15, 2007

ACEO card. "Havin' Fun in the Sun!"


Singin', Dancin, Whoopin' it up Flowers! This is how I'd feel if I was in Florida right now!

This scan is kind of bland compared to the real painting of these happy flowers, they're very vibrant and filled with energy. This is a watercolor on gessoed mat board.

Working on this surface is the opposite of working on watercolor paper. I work from my darkest color here, to my lightest. On watercolor paper, I find the lightest colors first, then add layer after layer to create the darks. It's taken me awhile to get this way of working into my head. I create the light colors by wiping out the darks.

This painting:
"Havin' Fun in the Sun
3.5X2.5 ACEO card on gessoed mat board.
Watercolor
$35
Click the ebay link to your right to purchase.

Thanks for stopping by! If you'd like this blog delivered to your email inbox, you can subscribe in the subscribe form to your top right. Feedblitz will deliver the almost daily painting directly into your email, eliminating the need for you to find it on the internet each day.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...