Monday, January 01, 2007

Leaf in the forest, aceo.

This photo isn't the best of this painting but you can see the general idea here. The wind is blowing to hard outside to photograph this out there, and inside the light is poor so this is a washy version of the real aceo. The paint on this is so thick I can't scan it. I tried and all I did was smudge everything so I had to repaint it...

I've been wanting to paint this dead leaf for a long time. I like the way it contrasts with the living forest all around it. It was also a good "loosening up" excersize because all I did to paint it, was to lay paint on in random patterns, then blend it together.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...