Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sandy, draft horse, ACEO. Watercolor, work in progress.

I've done several paintings of Candy, a Belgian draft horse that lives near us. Today I decided I needed to do some paintings of Sandy as she's just as beautiful as Candy is! This is watercolor on top of gessoed mat board. The mat board with gesso is a slick, hard surface. I probably have three layers of watercolor on this and it's only at this stage! How ugly!

After I put on about 20 or 30 more layers of color, it will start to look like something. Every time I start one of these, I wonder if I'm crazy or not? It's a lot of planning and thinking and doing and I'll probably sell it for $10.00 on auction at ebay. If it doesn't sell the first time around, I'll put it in my ebay store for $35.

I give my collectors one chance to get a bargain, after that, my work is full price in the store. It might seem idiotic but I know when I was a horse crazy kid, I couldn't afford anything to do with a horse, let alone purchase original art from an artist I liked. That's why I like to offer these, one time, at $10.00 before they go into the store.

Back to painting, we have to go to town today so my time will be limited in my studio.
donna

Thanks for visiting my blog, bookmark it and you can find it again, or at the bottom of this page, there 's a link where you can sign up for this blog to appear in your email inbox.

My work can be easily purchased with paypal and your credit card from my websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...