Friday, January 19, 2007

Small art, sunflower pods. Watercolor.


Am I ever having fun with these sunflowers.

This composition had me in a tail spin for a while as the upside down L the yellow pods formed, didn't stand on their own. I finally added the dried up pods, the ones all the stuff has fallen off of. Not good English, but I don't know how else to say it. Anyway, the little grey flat pods are holding up the upside down L so it doesn't look like it's tipping over. Or balanced precariously.

I also remembered to scan this before I glazed it with varnish and before I framed it. That helps a lot in the scanning! I can get a more accurate picture of this to post.

So much for this painting, I'm off and running to eat my oatmeal so I can paint another one!
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...