Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Donkey ears photos, which one?


The thing you love about a donkey is their ears!

I took photos of our Daisy's ears and got two I really liked. Now the problem is, I can't decide which one I like best. They are very similar.

The bottom photo gives you a hint of where her eye is, even though you don't see the eye. It also shows both of her ears.

But there's some reason, I seem to like the top photo better.

I wanted my photo of Daisy's ears to capture her softness, her fuzziness, her cute personality and the wonderful expression of her ears. The background color worked perfectly with what I wanted to convey..the colors matched the colors of Daisy, so they help to create a soft harmonious look.

In the top photo the one ear is definitely the center of interest. I think that's why I like it best.

What do you think? And why do you like one photo over the other? You can click the photos to enlarge them.
Donna Ridgway
Email Me if you have questions, or want to inquire about purchasing a painting or photo.

Remember, you can find horse art, Western art, Mule and Donkey art
wildlife art, cow art, and animal paintings, my Montana Photosfor sale on my website.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures.

    I agree that the top photo is better and I think the reason is that the negative space in the top one is stronger and more pleasing. You have two well defined triangles in the top one, but in the bottom one the negative space doesn't make a pleasing shape.

    It's also nice to see that delicious fuzziness of the inside of the ear on the top photo. It makes the image a bit more tactile.

    I wish I could come over and pet her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,
    Thanks for your input! You put my fuzzy thoughts on that photo into clear words. :)

    Daisy would love the petting...
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...