Thursday, May 01, 2008

Artist Resources

I've discovered the most heavenly site for artists.... actually two of them. One is the empty easel
and the other is watercolor online.

So don't expect anything much out of me in the next couple of days, I'll be busy exploring. :) And learning. There are some sites I can go to, where the knowledge is so nicely presented, I can soak it in like a sponge. It doesn't seem like study, where you work hard to learn something, it's actually enjoyable! Both these sites were like that to me.

On another note, yesterday, I was in a completely destructive mood, so I went out to the studio, which is now blocked and leveled, and tore a closet out of what was once the back bedroom. The hot water heater is in that room also, so I tore out the closet around it also. I used a big hammer and did lots of pounding and banging and ripping....it felt good as I've had some especially frustrating experiences in the art world lately.

I take things to seriously, get frustrated and worked up about them, so it was good to freely destroy something! Ever the creator, I carefully saved what I could save. Little bits of quarter round, clean pieces of paneling.....screws, nails, boards....so I can reuse them when I rebuild the wall in what is going to be the display area of the studio.

The back room is going to be shelved for storage all the way around and possibly, if there's space, will have a table for framing in the center. The room is about 12'X14' so this should all be within the realm of possibility. Now the dreaded closet has been removed, it looks like it's going to be perfect for what we need.

There are some holes in the flooring I need to fix, there's a hole in the back wall on the tin on the outside, we'll fix that. Then we'll lay down the linoleum, put in the shelves and table, and that room will be functional.

Next to that room, is a small bathroom. I'm going to tear it apart also. The shower will come out, the toilet will come out. The sink will come out. I'll have wide shelves where the shower and toilet are, for my watercolor and drawing papers, mat boards etc....The storage is going to be wonderful for my art supplies have a way of taking over our lives. :)

I'm getting anxious to see the studio finished up but we're totally out of it with this cold we caught...it's a miracle when I feel like doing anything and now Robert has caught it also.

But we will prevail, the cold will go away, and we can get back to work.

In the meantime, I've got these two wonderful websites to explore....
Donna

3 comments:

  1. Unfortunately the link to water-color online does not seem to work, I am off to try and find it via ggogle - John

    ReplyDelete
  2. found it.... the link should be http://www.watercolor-online.com/. Looks like the hyphen has been misplaced. Sorry to be the one to point this out. Always safest to cut and paste links where possible I find, LOL JOhn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks John,
    I got it fixed! Now it won't be so hard to get there!:)
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...