Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Le Cadeau du Cheval, The Horse Gift, wip2

Feeling my way into this one. Each painting is an experiment for me and this one is going that way more than others have.

I'm getting a feeling of sun's rays and mountains....we'll have to see what happens next!

There's a lot of work to do on what I have here, I've been playing with the paint...the foal is to dark, the mare is two different colors....But you might as well see it as it's happening..the good, the bad and the ugly!

Here's my theory, I came up with this idea, now I'll find some photos in my files that help me bring it to life. I found several back lit horses in photos today, they'll help. Then I'll dig into my reference photos of mountains, perhaps add some sun rays...

Those are all the thoughts floating around in my head concerning this panel for the Horse Gift mural.
Donna

1 comment:

  1. I like this one VERY much.
    I really enjoy your work.

    sj

    ReplyDelete

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...