Sunday, May 11, 2008

Le Cadeau du Cheval, The Horse Gift

This is the original panel I received for the next mural I'll be part of. I love the colors. What do you think I'll paint on here? What would you paint on it if it was yours?

I need to keep within 20% of the color and value of what's here but at the same time, create my very own painting over the top of this.

I had the panel here for two days, looking at it, studying it over, then I saw the image in there. The reason it came to me like it did, was because on our last photo shoot, I took a photo that exactly fits this image. I'll be changing colors on my horses and redesigning from afternoon to backlit sunset colors on the horses, but I hope it turns out as it nears completion.
Donna Ridgway

4 comments:

  1. yep, nice texture! If this was mine i would paint on it some abstract simil liberty-style floral shapes following the original colors of the panel!


    p.s. Post your finished work on it!!!!


    Ciauz
    InspiredTempora =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post it as a work in progress...haven't started painting yet, but I will be soon!

    Pretty colors isn't it? I should have given the main clue, it needs to be about horses.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:44 PM

    I'm sure you will do a great job Donna! Mine isn't too far off from what yours looks like, maybe we are neighbours on the panel? LOL!

    I finally made a decision on mine and sorry, I went with the 'other' one. It was a tough choice, but I *have* to start painting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn,
    This is panel 170...
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...