Saturday, May 03, 2008

Transitions


This isn't so much a painting as it is the exploration of an idea.

There's one thing you learn when you've spent your life with animals. They get old way faster than humans do. In a lifetime of working and living with animals, you see so many of them leave this earth before you're ready to let go of them.

I can not bear the thought of seeing their lifeless forms upon the ground, but I got to wondering what it must be like for them when they find themselves in another world. This horse is just beginning his new life and coming to the point of realizing things are different now.

I myself had a taste of what it would be like to die and pass into another world. I very nearly took that trip and it was a wonderful experience. Very natural, not frightening...full of love.... It gave me a different view of death and for the first time in my life, I was able to understand when people say, death is part of life...for it is.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...