Tuesday, March 04, 2008

All Round Athlete, paint rope horse in action.

This is my entry for the American Paint Horse Association World Poster Contest. The entry form stated, they wanted an equine that looked as if he was coming right off the page.

I hope mine looks like that!

I worked from a photo, sent to me by a friend, Equine Sculptor, Yvonne Kitchen. Her work is wonderful, check it out on the link to her name. She had some exciting ranch rodeo photos she graciously shared with me.

We won't hear until March 17, who the winner is.

Even when I don't win, I love the anticipation of entering a contest. You have so many "what ifs" running through your mind, until you hear the final word. And when you don't make the cut, so what? You have this feeling, "I had the guts to enter that-I can't believe it?!!!!"

So if it's a win, you have the elation, and if you don't, you have the laugh....you're a winner either way.
Donna Ridgway

Email Meif you have questions, or want to inquire about purchasing a painting.

Remember, you can find horse art, Western art, Mule and Donkey art
wildlife art, cow art, and animal paintings, for sale on my website.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:40 PM

    this is great Donna! good luck with your entry.

    I popped by because I have subscribed to your blog, but I haven't received the feeds. I know you are an avid poster, so thought I would check. Sure enough, you have three new entries since I was here last! I will have to look and see why I am not getting your feed...keep up the good work!!

    cheers,

    JennP

    ReplyDelete

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...