Monday, November 13, 2006

Work in Progress, pastel, suede mat

Here's a picture of my horse Class again. At this stage of the painting, I have no idea what it's going to become. I look in the box of pastels, and I touch them, pick some of them up and put them back down again....After a while, I pick one up and use it on the painting in one place or another. I make random layers and shapes while trying to keep the form of the horse on the paper.

It might seem crazy to work this way, but at some point the painting will take over and appear as it wants to be. There will come a time when I'll get an "Oh Yes!" moment and know exactly how to finish this. In the meantime, I'll keep playing with colors, layering them in, blending some, letting others become sharp and clear.....wondering if I'm crazy.....and maybe when I'm finished, this will look like something fun for you to hang on your wall.....
donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...