Thursday, November 30, 2006

Rocking Horse, Work in progress, watercolor.

This seems to be getting fall colors. I never knew that would happen. Painting is always a surprise to me. I don't want to know ahead of time what's going to happen. It's more fun this way. The darker the background gets, the less you see the roughness of each layer, yet it's all there. It creates some strange patterns and colors when you slurp the paint on and around like this. So far so good on getting the paint in the right place, I haven't totally ruined the horse by a wrong brush stroke. That's not to say it can't still happen as I have more layers to add.
donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...