Saturday, March 04, 2006

"Sun Seekers 2"
Another horse and rider, enjoying the last of the day. This is an ACEO art card also, original watercolor on gessoed mat board.

I think half the problem of becoming an artist is getting your own reference material. Once you have a huge reference library of your own photos, you can scroll through them, choosing which ones you wish to paint for the day. I now have thousands of photos. The one thing that's made them handy for me, is having the digital camera and the computer. I paint and draw from life, but most of my work comes from looking at my photos on the screen. I can remember the feel of this scene from being there and I think the paintings reflect that feel. This rider was at the Kentucky Horse Park when I snapped the photo I used for this painting. Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...