Friday, March 24, 2006

Hay and a fiddle,
I don't like the riddle,
Where the cow jumped over the moon.

That's a crazy verse,
I said with a curse,
For everyone knows....
THE HORSE JUMPED IT FIRST!!!

Have I been spending to much time thinking lately? :) I don't know. But I've always been mad about them writing the poem about the cow jumping over the moon. How dumb can you get, a cow is a clumsy beast and I can't see one accomplishing such a feat.

A horse, that's a different story!

Reminds me of the time I was helping an old cowboy move his cows into a corral. Right at the gate, a cow escaped. I headed my horse after the cow. The cow went up over the top of a little knoll and my horse followed. The neighbor was right behind us. At the top of the hill, a very old car was sitting in a small irrigation ditch. The cow jumped the car, and spun to the right. So did my horse. I felt like we were jumping the moon! Our neighbor, even though he was some cowboy, had pulled his horse to a stop and I heard him yell, "Holy Sh...t!" as we spun back by him and chased the cow into the corral.

I did have some fun on that horse.
donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...