Sunday, March 05, 2006

"Pecking Order"
I decided to name this Pecking Order because of the relationship between these horses. I like the way the sorrel horse is obviously the boss! The Appie mare is next, she's boss over the blue horse. Look at the way he has his front hooves planted so he doesn't get any closer to her. She's stopped his foreward movement while she's in a hurry to get out of the way of the sorrel's teeth.

Horses are endlessly fascinating to me. I love watching them and seeing what they do.

This painting is a 5X7 on gessoed mat board. A watercolor. It's for sale on my website for $50.00 with a paypal button to make it easy for you to purchase it.
donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...