Friday, March 10, 2006

"Prairie Run"
Here's another in my prairie series. I worked on this yesterday. There are four horses racing across the prairie. I liked it because they were all so close together. You can barely tell there are four horses here. In the photo I worked from, the horses legs are intertwined, yet that doesn't slow them down. The tail of one horse, is over another horses back. I don't know if you can see those details on your computer or not. This is an 8X10 watercolor on gessoed matboard. I'm liking this surface to paint on more and more. I discovered it when I was looking for a sturdy surface to paint ACEO cards on. After doing several of them this way, I decided to try something a little larger. I've heard there's a watercolor paper called Yupo that's something like this. I'd like to try it someday, I think I'll send out for some paper samples....
donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...