Monday, July 30, 2007

Breezy Buckskins, Work in progress 2, art lesson.



The horses are coming along and I decided to give them a lot of grass. It's so dry here this year, we barely know what grass looks like.

I haven't added many details yet. Colors I'm using are Hooker's Green, Yellow Ochre, Paynes Grey and some burnt sienna. Oh yes, Cerulean Blue sky.

I painted the sky with all over color then wiped into it with a paper towel to create clouds.

I'm planning the center of interest to be the head of the horse that's looking back. The coolest color will meet the warmest color there. I'll also have the lightest light and the darkest dark color close to that point.

See more horse art on my website. If you enjoyed this blog, send your friends on over....
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...