Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Breezy Buckskins, final version.


I brought down the brightness in the yellowed grasses leading to the horses, I added the black mane at the top of the withers to the eating horse, I worked on the clouds, bringing some more paynes grey into them. I added the missing shadows!

My friend, Judy Johnson, another equine artist, pointed out to me I was lacking shadows in this painting! Of all things to forget. That's why it's so much fun for me to belong to the Equine Art Guild, they keep me on track. Carrie with the challenge to go paint something and Judy with her reminder about the shadows!

I've so enjoyed painting these buckskins.

Another of the guild members, Leslie Zantow said this about the painting: " I love the colors and light in this piece, so clean, like breathing fresh air."

And you know what I'm going to say now, this horse painting is for sale on my website for $100. For a while, it'll be on the front page.

Thanks for following along with this this painting, I hope you enjoyed it.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...