Sunday, August 13, 2006

Smoke Flowers, ACEO, oil painting.

This certainly isn't very realistic, I just couldn't wrap my brain around the real thing today for some reason. I call this Smoke Flowers because it has the look of what I call smoke flowers. I don't even know where they grow or what they're really called, but in Montana, you sometimes see these flowers growing that resemble smoke. The fire season is upon us full blast and that makes me think of smoke also. Maybe my next horse will be better....but for now, this is what came out.

We went camping this weekend and had a lot of fun. I guess my mind is still back at the campground. This morning I was watching deer cross the river. A buck came down to the water and crossed. I was taking photos of him. When he got across the river, I carefully walked toward him through the brush. I got to a point where I was just on the other side of a tree from him, before he dove back into the water and got away from me. It was fun to see how close I could get to him, before I knew he was there.

I'll have to download those pictures and post him on here.
donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...