Friday, June 09, 2006

"Rocky Mountain Front"
I grew up beneath these mountains. Thanks to my uncle and my grandpa, I was able to ride horseback over these hills and in the shadow of the clifftops. The hill in this painting is called Scoffin Butte. (I'm not sure of the spelling.) It's top is covered with jack pines that lean to the east from the almost constant winds. Clouds scud swiftly across the sky. No matter where I live on this earth, this is where my soul is "home."

There's a fence in this painting because this is cattle country. It hasn't been invaded or influenced by tourists to the extent of modern change.

The colors I used in this painting aren't calm and tame. They're as strong and passionate as I feel about this land.

This is another ACEO card and will be up for sale on ebay, probably this very evening.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...