Wednesday, June 07, 2006


"Murphy's Eye"
These are two paintings from the same horse. His name's Murphy. He's very photogenic. I have so many pictures of him! This is colored pencil. I haven't dug them out for a long time but I thought it was time to start.

"Murphy's Nose"
You've seen this one before. I just finished it.

I've been working in the yard. Spraying for bugs, spraying for weeds. Fencing. You name it. The place is starting to look like a normal place! I also got the back deck stained and some of the trim on the house stained. I did it last year, but it always looks better when it has the new coat of stain on it.

We worked ourselves tired one day putting up a privacy fence. It was made of plywood. A few days later the wind blew 75 miles an hour and blew down part of our fence. While we were putting the fence up the first time, I told Robert we needed to get some bracing on it so it could withstand a wind until we got it all the way finished. He goes, "Naaaagh", He gets this growl in his throat when he's really definite about something. "We don't need to brace that, it's going to stand up to anything."

Now, since Robert got hurt at work, and had his shoulder replaced and his neck fused, he doesn't sleep good at night because he hurts. There are times when I wake up and hear him talking to me. I don't even know how long he's been talking.... The morning after part of the fence blew down, this happened. I woke up to hear him saying, "I should have listened to you. I should have known we'd have to brace that fence to keep it up until we got it finished." I pretended I was really sleepy and I said, "Hu-u-h?" So he says it all over again. I'm laying there laughing away inside. He gets done with his little speech and I said in this really sleepy voice, "Now what did you say?" He says it AGAIN! By this time, I'm laughing so hard I can't keep it in any more. I busted out laughing and said, "Why don't you say that again, I love to hear it."

He got even with me of course.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...