Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Don't give up on your website, or your painting!


"King Carousel"

Last week I received a letter from paypal, "You've got Money!" Wow, I love getting money. I hurried up and opened the email, to find King Carousel had sold.

It took me two hours to find the painting, I was beginning to panic, wondering where on earth I had put it! It finally turned up over in the studio. We're remodeling the studio, so I had tucked things away here and there to keep them safe.

I painted King Carousel in 2004. When I was creating this painting, I was so excited, I'd had a dream about a carousel horse, and I wanted to paint him just like he was in the dream. He attended several shows around the state of Montana...and no one bought him. I couldn't figure it out, as I thought he was so beautiful!

Because he'd been a dream horse, there were transparent passages in the painting, and thick opaques in other places. He had a very dreamlike quality about him.

In spite of liking him so much myself, I had given up on the fact he might sell.

I'd also been doubting the effectiveness of having a website. I've spent a thousand hours learning html, image optimization, copyright laws, watermarking, SEO techniques... I've spent a fortune on software, computers, printers, scanners and cameras. I wondered if I would ever have an affirmation it was all worth it!

Now I have hope. I'll keep at it....
Donna


Email Me if you have questions, or want to inquire about purchasing a painting.

Remember, you can find horse art , Western art, Mule and Donkey art
wildlife art, cow art, and animal paintings, my reference photosfor sale on my website.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Donna,

    I bought, or actually got the King Carousel as a present! I had wanted to write to you to tell you where your painting had ended up, but never got to it.

    I found your painting by chance when I was looking for horse paintings online. I was doing a project that required some images, so I went on Google images to find them. This was already several years ago. I stumbled upon the King Carousel and immediately loved it. I never forgot about it and I think it must have been a year later or so, that I decided to look it up again on the inernet, which wasn't that easy (as it wasn't easy again this time to find your website!)

    To my great joy I saw there was a series with carousel horses, which of most I liked. I thought that since I had never forgotten about the King Carousel, perhaps I should have it. So someone sent it to me as a present.

    Your King Carousel lives in my bedroom in the Netherlands(!) where I go to sleep, and wake up to the sight of this beautiful horse! Which is something I really like as the horse was created in YOUR dreams!

    I am now searching for the other carousel horses but to my great regret, I am having a hard time finding them! Could you tell me the link where to find them? (nathanasuya@yahoo.com)

    I hope you're happy with the destination of your King Carousel! I am very happy with it!

    Thanks!

    Anasuya Nath (Netherlands)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ana!
    You've made my Christmas a very happy day! You're letter was so fun to receive. It means a lot to me, to know King is so happy and in a home where he's appreciated and loved. Thank you! I'll send you links to where you can find more carousel horses!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna (and Ana) - this is wonderful news!! Ana, I love your story of having a strong remembrance of a painting in your mind - and then searching for it again!! What a wonderful happy ending!!

    Donna, this is also inspiring to me!!

    ~ Diane Clancy

    ReplyDelete

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...