Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Work in progress, oil painting.

This is coming along, but it's giving me nightmares. I don't normally do buildings, or poles, or people, or cityscapes! Seems I'm doing more thinking than painting on this. But I think I'll get it in the long run....

It almost has an Edward Hopper feel to it. He's one of my all time favorite artists, along with Charlie Russell of course.

Can't paint much today, we have to go into town to do some things for the Studio 706 art guild, get some groceries, and Robert has therapy. I don't much like going to town. It makes me tense and crabby. :) But sometimes you have to get groceries and do business.

We'll be checking out the Heritage Museum space where we'll be showing with the Guild for the Charlie Russell show in March. The time is fast approaching for that show.

Thank you for stopping by to see my oh so slow progress on this painting and for passing the word along about my work to your friends and relatives.
donna

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I just found your blog...and wanted to say hello fellow artist! I love this work...for someone who does not "do" this type of painting, it sure looks wonderful. I am trying out some new styles and ways of painting right now too...and I can so agree with your statement..."I am doing more thinking than painting"...of course as soon as I got comfortable with what I was doing, show season starts and I get show requests for my "style" of works...and I have to go back in time, but I find I do it with a whole bunch of new skills...so it's not all bad. Anyway, I just love the work and wanted you to know I think it's great.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...