Friday, August 28, 2015

Thinking of Cecil, lion painting, watercolor, on Yupo paper.


"Thinking of Cecil"
9X12 inches on Yupo paper
Watercolor painting of lion

I'm in a group on Facebook called Paw Prints for Animals and in that group, there's a challenge to paint something depicting the sanctity of African wildlife.

I decided to paint a lion, using a photograph, which Heather Ward graciously provided. I was thinking of Cecil the lion the entire time I painted this and how his life was snuffed out for no apparent good reason.

It was a project that required all my concentration!  I slept like a log after I created this painting!
I hope you enjoy seeing it here today.
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...