Saturday, February 16, 2008

Snowy, 16X20 Acrylic painting of horse running through snow.

This painting was another of the two hour challenge paintings on the Equine Art Guild forum. The goal, is, to do a painting in 2 hours. I chose this photo from several. I liked the light, and the colors it cast on the horse as he ran through the snow.

Couldn't help it, I put in my own background. Sometimes I like graphic looking things in my paintings and the horse was boring without them.

When I started this, I stared at the photo for a long time, until it seemed burned in my mind. Then I began to paint like a crazy woman. Robert can see into my studio from his, we cut a hole in the wall so we can talk through it. This painting was facing him as I painted and he was laughing because I was working so hard and fast. I was using house painting brushes!



Fifteen minutes into the painting, it looked like this. After that, I was having so much fun, I didn't stop to photograph it another time.

There was something about this horse and the snow, and all the fun he was having, that was contagious to me. My friend, Judy Johnson, another equine artist, took this photo.

Donna
Email Meif you have questions, or want to inquire about purchasing a painting.

Remember, you can find horse art, wildlife art, cow art, Mule and Donkey art,and animal paintings, for sale on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...