Friday, December 01, 2006

Rocking Horse, WIP, Watercolor.

This painting is going through a lot of changes and each one seems dramatic enough to create another post for it. I think I'm pretty much finished with the background and the horse. Now to decide what to do with the rockers. I'm envisioning light blue washes to push some areas back and maybe another yellow wash to bring some forward. At this point, I've layered a very light transparent yellow and then Alizarin Crimson over it.

On the off legs, I outlined with green instead of bright red. I probably used cad red light to outline the horse. When I first transfered the drawing of the horse to this paper, I saw that red line around him. Don't ask me why, these things pop into my head and I have to get them out onto paper.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...