Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

Our families are scattered and because many of them are very extended types of families, we spent the day together with no one else here. It seemed a little funny not to be cooking, opening presents, wondering what to do with volumes of wrapping paper and "things".

At first, I was a little sad, but as the time progressed for Christmas day to arrive, I began to be glad. It was the perfect time for me to think about the reason we have Christmas, it all began with Christ! It became a blessing for me to spend a quiet day, realizing how important He is to me and how thankful I am to know Him.

We've not had the perfect December. My grandmother passed away. Her death was expected as she'd had a stroke and lay in a coma for a week. The hardest time was just beginning. Our nephew, Curtis, who was 18, was killed in a horrible car crash. His life was just beginning and we thought so much of him. He spent a few days staying with us this last summer and we enjoyed him so much. He was happy, willing to help, full of plans for his future. In a few days time, we learned to love him. We hadn't known him before that.

It's said all the time that life is short and we have to make the most of what we have. This Christmas is for me, a time to give thanks and to learn to appreciate what the Lord has given us. I'm going to treasure my memories of my Nan and of Curtis.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...