Monday, April 17, 2006

"Carousel Sketch"
This is wild and rough and the beginning of an idea for another wild looking horse painting. You can't be afraid to make a mess at this stage. Just put lines down and refine them as you go until they become something of the image you're looking for. If my sketch book paper becomes saturated with charcoal, which it sometimes does when I rub out a lot of lines, I can place tracing paper over this image, and refine it on another piece of paper. I can keep that up, until I have a beautiful polished image. When the paper gets full of charcoal, it becomes so slick, you can't make another line on it.... This horse is totally from my imagination. Here are some more polished images of carousel horses.
donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...