Thursday, January 02, 2014

A Blue Horse painted with Alcohol Inks

Do you suppose it's midnight?  Is this why he's blue?  Maybe there's another reason?  Maybe I ran out of paint and only had blue and green left?

Honestly, I don't know why he's blue, I think it's because he wanted to be blue!  And you have to admit, he looks good that way.

This is a 4X6 inch painting done with alcohol inks.  They're what I call a "fleeting" medium.  You can be painting away and have just what you want, when suddenly one tiny drop wrong, and your entire painting is ruined!  No matter how long you worked to get it perfect. :)

And today was no exception.  I had this finished, and because I have no patience, I didn't wait a day or two to spray it with varnish.  And to my horror, the painting dissolved in front of my eyes and went running off the Yupo paper!

What fun!  I sucked it up, roughed up the paper, and switched over to acrylic paints...and finished the painting.  So this is what you call mixed media, and that is the reason why.  I call that desperation painting, Lol!

Anyway, he's for sale in my Etsy shop, Stormy Ridge Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...