Translate

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tracks


We were above Kaibob, seeing the sights, when I got out of the car and walked across a wash to take photos of the rock cliff. The cliff was maybe a quarter to a half mile from the car. As I walked along, following deer tracks, these tracks came onto the trail of the deer also. Each track was as large as my hand when it was made into a fist, so the tracks were of a fairly large canine.

I suppose a dog could come out and get interested in following a deer, but the way this animal stalked the deer, I had a feeling it was a wild animal. In my imagination, of course, I say this was a wolf. But it was likely a stray dog.

In any case, I held my camera by the strap, so it could become a weapon if needed and I made my way back to the car. I told Robert, if you had been with me, I would have been brave and stayed out there! :)
Donna
Posted by Picasa