Friday, September 21, 2007

Kitty Keepers


I've been looking around for a long time to find an organization to work with, where animals would be helped by my efforts. I wanted to find a place close enough to Vaughn, that I could go there and see the organization and meet the people who ran it.

I finally found a place called Kitty Keepers, in Havre, Mt. I'm donating 30% of selected paintings to Kitty Keepers, through my ebay sales. I'll also be donating paintings outright to Kitty Keepers for raffles and fund raisers.

The reasons I chose KK were:
They educate about spaying and neutering cats.
They don't believe in declawing and they educate the public about how this affects cats.
They do believe in good, solid, local adoptions.
They provide long term homes for cats who need them.

Horses and cats have always been my favorite animals. I hope I can help to provide funds for the cats at Kitty Keepers. In this blog, I'll mention which paintings will be going to help the cats.

Your purchases of those paintings will be much appreciated. Beyond raffles and gift baskets, if you have any fund raising ideas where an artist can help an animal shelter, could you leave a comment with your idea?

I'll donate 100% of the ACEO card (2.5X3.5") at the top of this post to kick this off. Send $15 to Kitty Keepers with Ridgway donation on your check. Let me know at montanahorsegallery@earthlink.net when you do this. When I hear from KK they have the check, I'll mail your card to you. Their mailing address is at the top of their web page.

I have two ebay auctions going now with donations to be made through Mission Fish to Kitty Keepers. Help us help the cats!
donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...