Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Raven in the Woods


8X9 inches
Watercolor on Yupo paper

In some cultures ravens are associated with healing. I hope my raven helps to heal my friend who is ill. I've not painted many birds, so this was quite fun to notice all the differences in his eyes, compared to horse's, dog's and cat's eyes. And then there are all those wonderful feathers and finding the best way to portray them...I enjoyed the challenge and painting the raven was great fun.

The day I began this painting, Robert and I installed a row of cedar board fence behind our house. By the time the day was finished, and I got into the studio it was late.  I was so tired I had a time walking to the studio.

But I joined the dailypaintworks to create a painting a day and that painting had not been created yet! So I slogged my way to the studio and sat down to make a painting...I feel quite committed to this process.

So here is a raven for you....
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...