Monday, February 25, 2013

Dreamtime, a horse collage.


Prairie Madonna


Dreamtime

I've been working with prints of my paintings, to create new works which are created with many found objects.

All of them have egg shell on them, in honor of the first art teacher I ever had.  She was my grade school teacher, she taught me in 4th, 5th and 6th grades.  There were three people in my class, I went to a small rural school.  Each teacher taught three grades at once, except for the "big room" teacher, who taught 7th and 8th grades only.

This teacher loved art and she was a good artist.  I was the teachers pet for sure, I couldn't get enough of what she could show me about art.

For one of our projects, she had kids in her classes gather all the egg shells we could.  Our moms saved and dried hundreds and hundreds of egg shells.  When we had enough, our teacher crushed the shells, colored them, and had us glue a twine onto a board in the shape of a bird.  We filled in the outline with different colors, and created the wings, beak, and details of the bird.

So in her memory, you'll see egg shells on my collage work!

These collages are entered into the all member show of the International Equine Artists.  When the show is live, I'll let you know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...