Monday, August 15, 2011

The Hollyhock Stalk, painting of hollyhocks


The Hollyhock Stalk

It was amazing to Robert and I, but our hollyhocks grew to be 9 feet tall this year.  I know they carry a good six foot of flowers and blossoms on their slender stalks.  That is how I decided the stalk must be the hero in this drama!  For they hold the weight of the flowers, buds, and leaves without bending or breaking, and with only a little help from me.  I did tie some of the stalks to the yard fence at about the three foot level.  

If you stand inside the grouping of hollyhocks and look out, toward the sun, this is what you see, and I had to paint it.

This painting is 6 inches X 12 inches and is painted on a gallery wrap canvas, so you don't need to frame it unless you want to.  The painting wraps around the edges.  You can find this original painting for sale in The Artist Peeps R Us gallery on Etsy!

I hope your summer has been full of flowers and fun...
Donna Ridgway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...