Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Chicken painting, watercolor chicken by Donna Ridgway


I believe she's looking at a tasty bug. She seems very intent, and she doesn't care at the moment if her feathers are a little mussed. She's about to strike and let that bug slide right down her throat!
I didn't know I would enjoy painting chickens as much as I do.
I used to raise at least 50 chickens a year for the meat.  It was a big job butchering them and I didn't like it much but it was kind of necessary to have good meat in the freezer for the year. The part I didn't care for much was that my chickens were my friends along with providing meat.
The kids and I had pets we loved among the laying hens. They'd walk up to us, and wait to be picked up and loved. I miss that about my chickens.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...