Translate

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Another update on the horse watercolor.

I'm working to portray, I think, a wild-windy mane on this horse.  I can see I'll be changing a lot of things about the mane, I'll just keep working on it until it becomes what I want it to be.

I used one of my photos of a horse named Murphy to begin this painting.  He was my cousins' horse, he's no longer with us.  I rode him up behind Split Mountain, west of Dupuyer, Mt, one time on a cold, windy day.

Murphy had large ears, and a very expressive face.  I've used his image in several paintings just because he had such "presence" in the photos I took of him.

Hope you enjoy the updates, leave a comment if you wish!
Donna Ridgway