Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Few Birds

In this photo, I fell in love with the blue coloring and the patterns formed by the tree branches.  It has so much rhythm and movement, it's like watching Dance with the Stars.

I was sitting in my little blind along the Sun River when these ducks came floating by.  I sat and watched them for quite a while.  I took a few photos, and they didn't notice me at first.  Finally, one of the ducks became uneasy.  I don't know why, I think the noise of my camera shutter  got to him.  When he took off, the other duck went into panic mode also.  It's awesome to see them walking on water before they actually take to the air.

This is the goose I call Heman.   He's very masculine.  Totally protective of his mate.  He's putting on a display here, showing the other geese how powerful he is.  I think they were properly impressed!

This is one of the yard birds in the cottonwood tree in front of our house.  They're colorful and cheery.  This time of year, they're hungry and it takes a lot of sunflower seeds to keep them happy.  We decided they're worth it.

As always, if you'd like to purchase a photo for your home, or a gift for a friend, click Donna Ridgway's gallery.  Shopping is secure and easy, you can purchase one card or 50, prints on paper or canvas, framed or unframed.  If you'd like to see a photo there, I haven't uploaded, just let me know and I an add it to that site.

I hope you're having a wonderful day!  Spring is almost here in Montana and we're enjoying a day of sunshine.
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...