Saturday, February 25, 2006

Step 2, (how to do a watercolor on gessoed mat board)
You can see I've made some more lines. I used a burnt sienna for this color as it's basically the color of the horse. Isn't he cute? I'll call this Powernapper 2 as I created a Powernapper 1 a few years ago. I've added some yellow ochre to the ground around this foal. He's laying on some straw, a nice comfy bed. I let it run, puddle and drip if it wants. I need the texture the differences in color will create. After all this is going to look like straw when I finish. (If I'm successful) This painting isn't finished yet, I don't even know if I can do it. I decided to post it as I actually go along. You'll see the result as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...