Thursday, February 23, 2006

Dozing Horse. I'm posting an art lesson on my website as to how I did this painting. I like drawing with paint, instead of drawing the image directly on the paper, or drawing it on some other paper and then transfering it. I just changed my mind... I'll post the lesson here. Some of the photos are blurry, I'm sorry about that. The next time I do a demo here, I'll be sure to get better photos. You can still see the progress in each step.

I'm working on gessoed mat board. I like this surface because it's perfect for drawing your subject right on the white of the board, using paint. I'm using watercolor paint for this. Very juicy, loaded brush that forms a sharp point when I need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...