Saturday, February 25, 2006

4. Watercolor on gessoed mat board.

I've added some lines and texture to the straw. I took the very sharpest tip of my paintbrush, and drug it back and forth, up and down in random strokes, laying a foundation for the look of straw and dirt. It's really touchy to add color over color with gessoed mat board. The bottom layer will pick up and mix with the top layer. I make sure each layer is totally dry before I attempt to lay down more color. Sometimes, when I get to this stage, I lay some acrylic medium down to preserve this layer. I then switch to acrylic paint to finish the peice. I'm going to take this one as far as I possibly can with the watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...