Thursday, August 23, 2007

Big Baby, 2


I have to say, I've never had a painting go through such intense ugliness as this one did before I got it looking like I wanted it! I was going to throw it away at one point, then decided to gesso over a bunch of it and start over. Thank goodness for gesso.

This foal and his dam looked like Haflinger's to me, we found them near Ovando, the day we went over Huckleberry Pass. They seemed to belong to a pack string of close to one hundred horses and mules. They were cute with their white, creamy looking manes blowing in the wind.

You can purchase this original for $99 or an 8x10" print for $25. The original is approx 7.5x9". It's watercolor on gessoed mat board.

Thanks for stopping by and for passing the word about my paintings to your friends and relatives!

Once again, there's more horse paintings on my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birthday party for a one year old.

One of our great grandsons had his first birthday party on Saturday. He's such a good little guy, and he's full of action, so it was...